The primary purpose of a Catholic school is to incorporate religion into the core of the curriculum. The SJV religion program reflects the authentic spirit of the Second Vatican Council which is incorporated into the religion teachings of the school. The teachings of the Church are reflected in the General Catechetical Directory; To Teach as Jesus Did
, and the Basic Teachings for Catholic Religious Education.
The current religion curriculum is a Grade Specific Religion Curriculum
that is approved by the Archbishop of the Milwaukee Diocese which seeks to present our faith through doctrine, Church tradition, worship, sacramental experience and Christian action dimensions.
- All students of SJV are required to participate fully in religion classes and lessons.
- Students plan and participate in the Liturgy on a regular basis.
- The influence of every teacher’s positive example and dedicated service combined with methodology serve as Christian guidelines for the students.
- The role of the priest in the school is to be first a pastor and shepherd of the children. Primary attention is given to the celebration of the Liturgy and sacramentsStudents of religions other than Catholicism are encouraged to share their particular religious beliefs in order to expand appreciation and understanding of other faith denominations.
- Students of religions other than Catholicism are encouraged to share their particular religious beliefs in order to expand appreciation and understanding of other faith denominations.