“Fundraising while you shop”. The days of going door-to-door selling wrapping paper, cookie dough, and coupon books are behind you. Scrip turns everyday shopping into fundraising for St. John Vianney just by paying with a gift card.
Instead of paying cash or using credit/debit cards, purchase Scrip cards (gift cards) and use them for your regular household expenses, for vacations, and traveling. Select from a wide variety of restaurants, gas stations, hotels, department stores, movie theatres and specialty stores. When family and friends take advantage of the scrip program, SJV earns profit!
Here’s how it works. Scrip is a national gift certificate fundraising program. Consumers purchase gift cards at face value through the scrip program but will earn an immediate rebate percentage for SJV that’s typically between 3% and 15% depending on the retailer. Then the consumer will use that gift card on their normal purchases. No extra money was spent! It’s fundraising while you shop! For example: A Pick N Save card valued at $100 has a 4% donation rate. When this card is purchased through SCRIP, $4 is donated to SJV. When this gift card is redeemed at a Pick N Save store, the value of received merchandise is $100.
To view all of the vendors available through the SCRIP program, visit the Great Lakes Scrip Center website.
There are 3 easy ways to order SCRIP:
Paper Orders (for physical cards only):
- Order forms are located in the parish/school offices or online.
- Please fill out form and return with payment to the parish or school office by Monday morning at 8:30.
- Cards will be available on the following Thursday at the parish or school office or through your child’s backpack. Please indicate on the form your delivery method. Office pickup is preferred. If you choose to send orders home through your child’s backpack, a Backpack Waiver form must be on file.
Online Orders at www.shopwithscrip.com (for physical cards, electronic gift cards or reloads to select gift cards previously purchased through SCRIP):
Set up your user account.
Shop for all types of cards:
- Plastic (physical) gift cards. These are available the following Thursday at the parish or school office or your child’s backpack. Office pickup is preferred. If you choose to send orders home through your child’s backpack, a Backpack Waiver form must be on file.
- eGift cards: These are paper cards that you print at home or display on a device to use at checkout. If you select to pay from a bank account (including a $0.15 transaction fee) or credit card (with 2.6% fee), you can use the cards almost instantly. If you prefer to pay by check, you would need to send your check to school by Monday. We would release the order on Monday after receiving your payment. Whichever method you choose, you will receive an email once the card is ready for you to use.
- Reloads: Only works for select retailers with plastic cards that you have previously purchased through Great Lakes SCRIP. You can register the gift card number in your online account and reload the card as often as desired. Especially handy for places you frequent often, such as grocery stores, favorite coffee places and gas stations.
Complete your purchase–Three ways to pay:
- Pay by check (payable to SJV Scrip) through the school office. All payments from online orders need to be received in the office by 8:30 AM on Monday for processing that week. Sorry, we are unable to process orders without payment.
- Set up your account for direct withdrawal from your checking or savings account. (This is the preferred method). Follow the prompts after setting up your user account. Each purchase (no matter how large) using this method will come with a small, $0.15, transaction fee.
- Checkout using a credit card (please note that a 2.6% fee will be added to the cost of the gift cards).
Check your earnings:
After logging in, look under “Family Functions”–“Reports” to see your total earnings. This figure will be split 50/50 at the end of the fiscal year.
- Ordering through the app (for all types of cards):
1. Visit raiseright.com to download the SCRIP app to your mobile device
2. If not already registered through www.shopwithscrip.com, follow prompts to set up an account.
3. Use search bar at the top to find vendors or browse categories to shop. You can also mark your favorites, create shopping lists, check card balances and register reloadable cards.
4. All types of cards may be purchased through the app (see information above regarding types of cards).
5. Three payment methods available (see above for more info on payment methods).
Profits earned from the sale of gift cards are split 50/50 with SCRIP customers. Participants in the St. John Vianney SCRIP program may choose from three options of how they wish to receive or use their portion of the profit:
- School tuition reimbursement for their own family or applied to another school family’s tuition.
- Cash rebate check.
- Donate to St. John Vianney’s Home and School Association.
Participants need to complete the Profit Designation Form and return to St. John Vianney’s parish or school office.
Example: Using the Pick N Save example, the $100 gift card purchased earns a 4% rebate. The participant uses the card for the full $100. The profit earned is $4.00: SJV Home and School Association received $2.00 and the participant designates the remaining $2.00 profit.
For more information regarding the SCRIP program, contact parish member Tanya Baynes, 414-403-0863.