Growing in Faith • Rooted in Community
All SJV Formation Families; School Families also welcome!
The purpose of the Family Faith Formation program is to enhance the religious and moral development of your children by supporting you, their parents, with professional speakers, parental peers, and family activities.
Each session begins with prayer and a shared meal—breakfast on Sundays and dinner on Mondays. Following the meal, children and youth attend age-appropriate formation sessions with their peers. Parents hear a presentation from a speaker and participate in small group discussions. The session topics are about aspects of our faith and how to effectively share them with your children.
FFF Program Objectives:
- Empower your children’s daily choices
- Build a community of parental peers
- Establish a supportive family time-out
FFF Program Specifics:
- Twelve two-hour sessions – At least one parent must attend with the children (both parents are encouraged to do so)
- Sundays from 8:45 – 10:45 am or Mondays, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Free childcare on Sundays for children under the age of 4
- Age-appropriate catechesis; adult formation break-out sessions & short family project
The Activity Center
We are moving to FFF to
- Promote and foster the religious influence you have on your children
- Strengthen and reinforce your children’s religious formation
- Enhance your experience of a supportive parish community
How This Program Helps You
- Fewer times driving your children to formation classes
- Prepared meals for the family
- Rich opportunities to meet other parents
- Vibrant discussions on children’s religious and moral growth