Buildings and Grounds Committee
The Buildings and Grounds Committee is responsible for assessing the condition and maintenance needs of all parish properties.
It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.
~ Deuteronomy 11:11–13
Buildings and Grounds Committee meeting minutes are approved and posted to the website.
- Advise the Pastor and Administrative Services/Finance committee on all major issues as they relate to the parish’s buildings, property and equipment. This would include matters related to keeping the facilities and grounds clean, safe, in good repair and appearance as well as seeing that the heating, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems of church properties are properly maintained.
- Adhere to the following approval policies regarding spending on projects:
- Under $5,000: at discretion of Buildings and Grounds and Plant Engineer with approval of Pastor and/ or Director of Parish Services.
- $5,000–$10,000: requires 2 competitive bids and approval of Buildings and Grounds, Pastor and Director of Parish Services. Must also obtain approval of Administrative Services/ Finance Committee unless projects were included in fiscal year budget.
- $10,000–$30,000: requires 3 competitive bids and approval of Buildings and Grounds, Pastor, Director of Parish Services and Administrative Services/ Finance Committee.
- $30,000 or more: requires formal written proxy approval from the Archdiocese. So these projects require the approval of Parish Council in addition to obtaining 3 competitive bids and approval of Buildings & Grounds, Pastor, Director of Parish Services and Administrative Services/ Finance Committee.
- Determine budget priorities in the areas of the committee’s responsibilities and ensure that budget monies allocated to facility maintenance and updates are appropriated in the best interests of the parish.
- Develop and maintain a three year rolling capital budget prioritized by anticipated capital expenditures as they relate to building and grounds maintenance and facility updates/ additions.
- Recommend and lead in the formation of ad hoc subcommittees to deal with planned major projects as requested by the Pastor, Parish Council or the Administrative Services/ Finance Committee.
- Provide timely minutes of meetings accessible to the parish at large.
- Membership on the committee is open to parish members. Contact the chair of the committee for more information. Buildings and Grounds Committee usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm. (consult the parish calendar to confirm date and room location. (Please consult the parish calendar to confirm date and room location).
Members of the 2018-2019 Buildings and Grounds Committee:
Charles Landey, Secretary
Todd Prudlow, Chair, 414-840-1892
Ex officio Members
Director of Administrative Services
Finance Committee Member