The Technology Committee, under the auspices of Parish Council’s Administrative / Finance leadership, advises and supports the parish and school on technology related issues. The committee reviews and recommends technical advancements.
Technology Committee meeting minutes are approved and posted to the website.
- The Technology Committee advises and supports the parish and school on information technology related issues.
- Plan for short-term and long-term technical advancements that will help advance the ministries of the parish and school.
- Recommend and approve hardware, software, IT services and network support items to be purchased excluding materials needed for day-to-day operations.
- Examples of excluded items include: printer/toner cartridges, paper, ink.
- Oversee the parish / school website, including monitoring the on-going administrative and development needs of the website.
- Develop policies and procedures associated with the use and maintenance of all information technology related systems and equipment.
- Determine budget priorities in the areas of the Committee’s responsibilities and make recommendations to the Administrative Services / Finance Committee.
- Assist other parish committees with information technology-related issues as necessary.
- Provide timely minutes of meetings accessible to the parish at large.
- Update and submit the committee’s SJV Strategic Action Plan to the Parish Planning Team as required each year.
- Update the Archdiocesan information technology planning documents as needed.
- Assist in the recruiting of new members and provide for their orientation to the Committee.
- Develop standards for hardware and software.
- Membership on the committee is open to parish members. Contact the chair of the committee for more information. Technology Committee generally meets once a month on the third (3rd) Tuesday at 6:00 pm. (Please consult the parish calendar to confirm date and room location).
Members of the 2012–2013 Technology Committee are:
Dan Hubler, Chair
Joanie Rueth, Secretary
Steve Boettcher, Vice Chair
Director of Administrative Services
Director of Communications
Andy Stemper, Parish and School IT / Technology Teacher
Ex officio Members
Director of Parish Services
School Technology Teacher
Chairperson of Administrative Services / Finance Committee