The Stewardship Committee is responsible for promoting and nurturing the ongoing
stewardship efforts of the parish. The Committee is committed to building a community
of prayer and hospitality which welcomes and affirms all gifts. At its core, the Committee
is responsible for the design and implementation of the annual stewardship renewal
campaign. In addition, the Stewardship Committee develops programs for welcoming
new parishioners, designs creative tools which invite all parishioners to share their time,
talent and treasures and assists with the placement of volunteer ministry talents through
the LINK office.
Stewardship Committee Guidelines>>
2017 – 2018 Stewardship Committee Members
Membership on the committee is open to parish members. Contact the chair of the committee for more information. Stewardship Committee meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:15 am (consult the parish calendar to confirm date and room location) and during Common Leadership Night.
Glenn Pentler, Chair
Tom Kettler, Vice Chair
Jamie Zdroik, Secretary
Renee Larson, Pastoral Council Liaison
Amy Abplanalp, Link Office
- Understand and promote the biblical concept of stewardship to all parishioners and parish groups.
- Oversee the efforts of stewardship education in the parish through various parish communication vehicles and publications, i.e. bulletin, parish / school newsletters, annual report, quarterly statements, brochures and the website.
- Coordinate an annual parish-wide campaign inviting members to pledge and commit to sharing time, talent, and treasure for the next year. These activities include creating the theme of the campaign, leading the writing and collecting of information for the annual report summary, coordinating the publication of the ministry booklet of parish opportunities and contact information and the preparation and conduct of stewardship and witness talks at weekend liturgies.
- Ensure that all who come forth to offer their gifts are contacted, recorded and thanked (LINK office).
- Collaborate with the Worship Committee to incorporate stewardship
opportunities into homilies and reflections that may take place during Mass.
- Develop a welcoming program that helps new parishioners feel embraced by the parish, provides materials that highlight parish life and invites participation by all.
- Receive and act on fundraising proposals from parish committees and programs.
- Manage the parish fundraising calendar.
- Produce comprehensive reports that reflect the generosity of the parish community.
- Collaborate with the Formation Committee and Day School staff to assure that the children / youth component of stewardship is represented in all stewardship efforts.
- Oversee the implementation of various stewardship efforts, which may include capital campaigns, planned giving, and various prayer opportunities.
- Provide timely minutes of meetings accessible to the parish at large.
- Provide strategic planning updates to the vice-chair of Pastoral Council.
- Father Lipscomb Society
- LINK Office Subcommittee
- New Parishioner Welcome