The Finance Council provides advice and guidance to the pastor in the administration of parish assets. It prepares the parish budget, any budgets for extraordinary expenditures, and reviews financial statements. The Council monitors the financial condition of the parish, including regular financial reviews/audits as well as the internal financial controls by following the recommendations in the audit/review. The Council reviews any indebtedness of the parish and assists the pastor in fulfilling his obligations under canon law to pay the interest on a loan or mortgage when it is due and to take care that the capital debt itself is repaid in due time. The Council provides assistance in the formulation and communication of an annual financial report to the parish community as required by canon law. It is the consultative body in all parish financial matters, except to the extent limited by church or civil law or Archdiocesan policy/norms.
2016 – 2017 Finance Council Members
Randy Freeman, Chair
Brian Schloemer, Trustee Treasurer
Robb Lied, Pastoral Council Liaison
Doug Wildes, Pastoral Council Liaison
Rev. Ken Knippel, Pastor
Director of Administrative Service
Rev. Nathaniel Miniatt, Associate Pastor
Buildings and Grounds
- The Council shall be the consultative body in all parish financial matters, except to the extent limited by church or civil law or archdiocesan policy/norms.
- In any case where the pastor judges a recommendation to be outside the limits set forth in Canon 537, the pastor may withhold implementation, providing the Council with a rationale. The Council may appeal to the Office of the Archbishop or one appointed by him for clarification or arbitration. Any decision regarding the appeal will be final.
- In any case where any member of the Council interprets an action of the Council to be outside the limits set forth in Canon 537, the member shall present the interpretation no later than the next meeting of the Council and ask for reconsideration.
- In any case where reconsideration has failed to resolve the matter, any Council member may then take the matter to the Office of the Archbishop or one appointed by him, for clarification or arbitration. Any decision resulting from such an appeal shall be final.
- Athletic Committee to organize and oversee all sports activities for the youth of the parish.
Visit the Athletic Committee webpage.
- Budget Committee to prepare the annual budget according to Archdiocesan procedures.
- Building and Grounds Committee responsible for assessing the condition and maintenance needs of all parish properties.
Visit the Buildings and Grounds Committee webpage.
- Festival Committee to raise significant funds for the parish and to involve parishioners in stewardship of time.
- Human Resources Committee to provide human resource management guidance and assistance to the pastor and administrators of the parish and school.
- Parish Endowment Fund Board which is legally established to oversee all parish endowment monies, invest them properly, and draw upon them for use according to the purpose of the fund.
- Technology Committee to help plan and manage all technology needs of the parish.
Visit the Technology Committee webpage.